Do you qualify for the Medicaid EHR incentives?
In Virginia, eligible Medicaid providers include physicians, nurse practitioners, certified nurse midwives, dentists and optometrists. In addition, physician assistants (PAs) providing care in a Federally Qualified Health Center led by a PA may be eligible.
To qualify, eligible providers must meet a minimum Medicaid patient volume threshold of 30 percent. Pediatricians who have patient volumes between 20 and 30 percent are eligible for reduced incentives. There are specific patient volume formulas based upon Medicaid patient encounters for providers who want to qualify as an individual or as a group. Providers will use these formulas to determine if they meet the required patient volumes in order to qualify for EHR incentive payments.
Eligible hospitals include all children’s hospitals and hospitals with a minimum 10 percent Medicaid patient volume. Payouts to hospitals vary based on a number of factors with a base payment of $2 million.
Need help determining eligibility? Contact VHIT today at 1-800-207-7928 or MedicaidEHRIncentives@vhqc.org.
- Eligible Professional Patient Volume Calculation Tool (PDF)
- Eligible Professional Patient Volume Calculation Tool (Excel)
- Medicaid EHR Incentive Payments for Eligible Professionals Tip Sheet (PDF)
- AIU Training Guide – Eligible Professionals (Year 1)
- Meaningful Use Training Guide – Eligible Professionals (Year 2)